Tuesday, October 25, 2011

My doctor said I was paranoid to doubt medical report--but I was proved right

My primary care doctor, Jae Kyo Lee of Kaiser Permanente in San Diego, said that I was paranoid when I didn't believe that a medical report could be signed three days before it was written. It turned out I was right. My urologist, Dr. Huathin Khaw, had supposedly co-signed a report on June 17, 2011. The report had supposedly been written by Dr. Jay Grimaldi on June 20, 2011. I was also suspicious because the date of the X-ray procedure was wrong and the name of the referring doctor was wrong.

It turned out I was right. The original report had actually been written on June 16, 2011 by a completely different doctor. That's the report Dr. Khaw co-signed. Then somehow large parts of it got erased. NONE of my digitized X-rays were ever made available on the Kaiser server--not even Emergency Room doctor could see them.

Dr. Jae Kyo Lee and Dr. Eugene Rhee told me I should accept the report "because it had my name on it." Why would they both make the same bizarre statement? They must be trained to say that when documents are obviously compromised.

Dave Horton, who is in charge of Radiology and Radiology Files, has refused to respond to a letter and an email. His underlings obediently spout a ridiculous story about my X-rays, taken at the brand new Garfield Specialty Center, having been saved only on thermal paper. But Kaiser's own newsletter says all X-rays at the new center are digitized. Is Kaiser guilty of false advertising? I don't think so. I think they're guilty of covering up incorrect diagnoses.

My digitized X-rays remain "unavailable". Why the cover-up, guys? (Well, I shouldn't say "guys" since Lynette Seid and Mary Ann Barnes have supported the cover-up.) I'd say these folks are a bit paranoid if they're afraid of a few X-rays.

No comments: